The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Allah has revealed to you many forms of charity. In another hadith, it is said that it is obligatory to give charity to Ibn-e-Adam on a daily basis according to everyone and joint.
The Companions asked, “How can we do so much charity?”On this, the Messenger of Allah mentioned many deeds and declared their charity. In this way, Islam has also taught us charity to help our Muslim brothers. Thanks to this, different and rare people in society are able to fulfill their needs in life. Those who help others financially are well-liked in society, as well as receiving great wealth, such as the pleasure of God. While stingy people are always worried.
Rewards of Charity:
Charity is a source of social benefits as well as a means of saving from illness and accidents.
As the Holy Prophet said, do charity. Indeed, charity prevents accidents and diseases and it also increases your deeds and good deeds. (Shoab-al-eeman )
The rewards of charity have many benefits in this world as well as in the hereafter.
Promotion of Islamic Brotherhood
When a rich person helps a poor and needy person by paying Zakat and charity, on the one hand, he is financially supported and on the other hand, a feeling of empathy and kindness is created in his heart for his Muslim brothers who lead to the promotion of Islamic brotherhood.
The Cause of Improvement in Morals
Zakat improves the morals of those who give charity. The love of wealth is not hidden from anyone. The wealth earned through thousands of hard work and hardship while oppressing oneself. Spending in the form of charity and zakat, only to carry out the divine command, frees the heart from the love of wealth. Instead of greed and lust for wealth, good qualities like patience and gratitude are created for the sake of Allah, which are part of good morals.
A Healthy and Prosperous Society
A healthy and prosperous society is created by paying Zakat and charity Because the root cause of society’s misery is need due to which moral depravity, social catastrophe, cultural backwardness, and distance from education are seen.
If Zakat is properly distributed to the deserving, then the burning problems of society can be solved.
Different Forms of Charity
Apart from financial charity, various hadiths also describe different forms of charity.
- As the glorification of Allah Almighty by saying Subhan Allah is also charity.
- Praising Allah and saying Alhamdulillah is also trustworthy.
- Keep fasting and offering prayer is also charity.
- Performing Hajj is the charity
- Walking behind the funeral
- Visiting a patient is the charity
- It is charity to show someone the way
- It is a charity to remove something painful from the path
- Greeting the recipient is the charity
- Teaching good things is the charity
- It is up to everyone to stop doing something wrong is the charity
- Giving respite to the needy debtor is also the charity
- Helping the weak and helpless is the charity
- It is also a charity to provide clothes to someone whose clothes have become a torn
- Smiling and talking to his brother
- One can also pour water from his pot into his brother’s pot
- leading to a fair decision between two fighting people is charity.
- Helping a person to get on a ride is also the charity
- Carrying the luggage of the person sitting on the ride is also the charity
- It is also charity to show the way to someone who does not know the way
- Every step toward the mosque for prayers is a charity
- Guiding a traveler is also the charity
- A man also feeds his children and wife halal food is the charity
- It is also charity to go with someone who is in distress and seek help
- Struggling to protect one’s life and honor is also the charity
- It also charity does not harm anyone
All these forms of charity are mentioned in Ahadith. If we consider them, we will find that only a few of them are related to the rights of Allah whereas most of them belong to the huqooq-ul-ibad (humanity). These include family relatives, ordinary Muslim non-Muslims, and animals. Therefore, when we Muslims do whatever we do with the intention of sincerity and reward, then this is also charity.
Allah will reward him in this world as well as in the Day of Judgment.