The Benefits and Virtues of the Five Daily Prayers in Islam
The virtue of prayer:
Prayer is the source of nearness to God and the pleasure of God. Prayer is an argument for the worshiper at the time of weighing deeds. Prayers are the adornment of mosques. It prevents immorality .It averts calamities and delivers from divine punishment. Transforms grief into peace. Removes poverty and misery.
The ascension of the believer is the weapon of the Muslims and the stronghold of protection. Turns the darkness of the grave into light. The morning and evening prayers are mentioned in the Devine court. The eight gates of heaven will be opened for the worshiper. Numerous virtue of prayer have been mentioned in Qur’an and Hadith.
Importance of Prayer mentioned in Quran and Hadith:
“Hazrat Abdullah bin Masood narrates that I asked the Messenger of Allah which deed is more beloved to Allah Almighty. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
” Performing prayers on time”
Similarly, in Surah Al-Muminun, Allah Almighty has instructed:
🌼 قَدْ أَفْلَحَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنُونَ🌼 🌼 ٱلَّذِينَ هُمْ فِى صَلَاتِهِمْ خَـٰشِعُونَ🌼
“Successful indeed are the believers. those who humble themselves in prayer”
And instructed in another place:
🌼وَالَّذِینَ ھُم عَن صَلَا تِھِم یُحَا فِظُون🌼
“And the believers are those who guard their prayers”
Hazrat Usman Ghani says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Who performed ablution like my ablution and prayed two rak’ats in the same way, If he does not allow thoughts to enter him, then all his past sins will be forgiven.”
Essentials of prayer:
There are 13 essentials of prayer. Seven of these essentials are before starting the prayer. which are called conditions of prayers. And there are six essentials after starting the prayers which are called the pillars of the prayers.
Conditions of Prayer
- The purity of the place
- The purity of the body
- Cleaning clothes
- Covering the private parts
- Facing the Qibla
- Having time
- To intend
Pillars of Prayer
- Takbir Tahrimah
- Both prostrations
- Sitting the amount of tashahhud in the last Qa’adah.
Interpretation of the conditions of prayer
- The place of prayer should be clean, that is, the place where prayers should be offered should be free from all kinds of impurity.
- Purification of the body means that the body of the person performing the prayers must be free from all kinds of impurity.
- The purity of the clothes, that is, the clothes of the person performing the prayers, must be cleansed from all kinds of impurity.
- Covering the private parts means that the part of the body that is supposed to be covered is hidden.
- And it is for the man from the navel to the knees. And for a woman, except for her hands, feet and face, her whole body is a privet place .
- Facing the Qiblah means facing the face and chest towards Qiblah.
- Having time means that every prayer must be performed at its appointed time.
- Intention is the name of the intention of the heart, although it is mustahab to say it with the tongue.
- These conditions must be met before starting the prayers
Interpretation of the pillars of prayer
- Saying Takbir Tahrima means اللہ اکبر
- Qiyam means standing up and praying. It is obligatory to perform witr and it is obligatory to stay in the Sunnah prayers. If a healthy person prays be seated without any excuse, then the prayer will not be performed. It is not obligatory to stay in the Nafal prayers.
- Recitation means to recite an absolute verse.It is obligatory in the first two rak’ats of Fard and in every rak’at of Sunnah and Nafl and Witr. The follower will not recite in the prayer behind the Imam.
- Bowing and placing both hands of the worshiper on the knees during prayers is called Rukooh.
- Sajdah means keeping the head resting on the ground. According to some, placing 7 limbs and according to some, palcing 8 limbs on the ground is called sajdah.
- The amount of tashahhud is obligatory in the last vers
The importance of prayer
After faith, prayer is an important part of Islam. The importance of prayer can be gauged from the fact that the importance of prayer has been repeatedly mentioned in the Qur’an 92 times. There is good news and good tidings for those who pray. The importance of prayers can be gauged from the fact that in the Holy Hadith prayer has been declared as a pillar of religion. The way pillars are needed to maintain a building. In the same way, in order to remain steadfast in the religion, it is absolutely necessary to establish prayers.
The importance of prayer is not only because all the pillars of Islam were commanded while living on earth But Allah Almighty arranged for the prayer. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was given the gift of prayer in the upper world by taking him on a journey of ascension. Also, among the members of Islam, prayer has become obligatory first because prayer alone has been declared as the key to paradise.