Why is Pork Forbidden in Islam?
In Qur’an, it is not commanded everything is without a reason but there is deep wisdom behind it.
Pork is Forbidden by Qur’an
In the Holy Qur’an, Allah Almighty has mentioned four times that pigs are haram (forbidden by Allah Almighty).
- Surah Al baqarah – verse no. 173
- Surah Al maidah – verse no. 3
- Surah Al in’am – verse no. 145
- Surah Al Nahal – verse no. 115
In all these verses, it is absolutely forbidden to eat pork. As Allah Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an
Allaah mentions only meat in this blessed verse because the real purpose is meat and all other things are subject to it.
Why Pigs are Impure?
The najas-ul-ain (absolutely impure) of a pig is clearly stated in the Holy Qur’an
قُل لَّاۤ اَجِدُ فِىۡ مَاۤ اُوۡحِىَ اِلَىَّ مُحَرَّمًا عَلٰى طَاعِمٍ يَّطۡعَمُهٗۤ اِلَّاۤ اَنۡ يَّكُوۡنَ مَيۡتَةً اَوۡ دَمًا مَّسۡفُوۡحًا اَوۡ لَحۡمَ خِنۡزِيۡرٍ فَاِنَّهٗ رِجۡسٌ اَوۡ فِسۡقًا اُهِلَّ لِغَيۡرِ اللّٰهِ بِهٖۚ فَمَنِ اضۡطُرَّ غَيۡرَ بَاغٍ وَّلَا عَادٍ فَاِنَّ رَبَّكَ غَفُوۡرٌ رَّحِيۡمٌ ﴿۱۴۵﴾
The pronoun “ہ” in the word فَاِنَّهٗ is returning to the pig. This is correct according to the Arabic rules, that is, the pig is najas (impure). Whether it is alive or dead, its flesh or all other parts of the body is a combination of pig and this combination is explained due to the previous rule. The rest of this verse mentions that pork is forbidden because the context mentions the use of self-made haram and halal animals and their meat by the polytheistic Arabs. In this regard, it has been stated that Allah Almighty has pork is forbidden to eat things from animals. Besides, Allah has not forbidden the meat of any of the eight cattle that only meat is eaten in animals. And when it comes to talking about halal and haram, then the meat of pork was also mentioned.
And if one understands from the obvious verse that pork is called najas (impure) here, then the scholars say: In the light of the context verse of the Qur’an, if the real point of the animal is meat, then its impurity, as well as the impurity of the rest of the body, will prove to be first and foremost.
Reason for Being Impure
The real reason why pigs are najas-ul-ain (absolutely impure) is that Allah Almighty and His Messenger (peace be upon him) have declared it haram.
And that is why we are bound by their command. That is, it has been proven from the Qur’an and Hadith that it is haram and najas (forbidden and impure), so it is called najas-ul-ain.
Many people criticize and ridicule Muslims for banning pork. But the sciences have also shown these people, the disadvantages of pork Reading them will refresh your faith.
Disadvantages of Pork
- Pigs are very dirty animals and eat everything dirty. It is such a dirty animal that it even drinks the urine of its own kind. While human and animal feces are their preferred food.
- Pork is more toxic than other animals because it absorbs toxins. Due to this, the losses of food are very high.
- It is the only animal that does not sweat which causes toxins to remain inside the body instead of being excreted.
- It is so toxic that it has less of a toxic effect. People who raise it, in the West, say that they are not affected by snake bites. From which you can estimate everything inside it.
- Ordinary meat, if cooked at a higher temperature, eliminates the bacteria present in it. In the case of pork, it does not matter how high is the temperature of cooked meat, the germs are not eliminated.
- It contains a lot of fat which is very harmful to human health.
- A cow has four digestive systems and her digestive system is very good. What a pig eats becomes part of its body within four hours. Its flesh is full of germs due to poor digestion.
- There are thirty different diseases in pork and that is why it is forbidden to touch it.
- Due to a pig, a person can get various dangerous diseases like Hydra-Typhoid bell and bladder infection.
The physical harm of pork is known to be an undeniable fact Because many people with leukemia in Europe are those who eat pork. It has a lot of dirt and odor which is proof of its impurity. It has been forbidden in the teachings of every prophet. It is absolutely wrong to attribute the nation of pigs to the law of Jesus. Pigs were also forbidden by their law.
It comes in the Hadith Mubarak. In the last days, when Hazrat Eesa (peace be upon him) will come, they will kill the pig. ( Bukhari )
According to this hadeeth, Allama Ainne says (interpretation of the meaning): Pigs were forbidden in their law.
The filth and filthiness of Porks are so bright and clear that even some ancient nationals like the Egyptians have considered it Najas (impure ). Even among the Jews, pork was forbidden. Its sanctity and impurity are present in the Bible.
واللہ اعلم بالصواب