Benefits of Fasting:
Ramadan is also called the month of special worships. Because this month has a special religious significance for Muslims. A man gets closer to his Lord. Fasting in Ramadan does not only mean to be hungry and thirsty, but also to be hungry all day and carry out your daily affairs in a happy manner. So that it can feel the hunger and thirst of these poor peoples who are living below poverty line and those who do not even have two loaves of bread. On the one hand, fasting realizes us the hunger and thirst of others and teaches us to take care of others. On the other hand, fasting has many physical and spiritual benefits.
Spiritual & Esoteric Benefits of Fasting:
- Fasting is one such medicine for weak soul and sick heart, this creates vigor and freshness, especially in the soul. In this way the nature of a man becomes inclined towards goodness and hatred against evils. That is, the purpose of fasting, which Allah has mentioned in Quran, is piety and it is obtained by fasting.
- Another benefit of fasting is that the inclination towards frivolous deeds does not remain in the heart of the fasting person. His heart becomes empty of nature. The ears are not willing to listen to any nonsense. The eyes are not inclined to look gentlemen. The tongue is free from vain talk and wickedness. These are the three organs which cause evils and lead man to sin. While in the state of fasting , these three organs of man incline towards goodness. The heart is protected from the pollution of sin and the whole environment becomes enlightened.
- Fasting enables the fasting person to live a successful religious life by adapting himself according to the commands and limits that Allah Almighty set for a man.
- Fasting instills in the fasting person a temperance and patience in all religious matters, which keeps him steadfast in the religion and does not allowed him to deviate from the obedience of Allah Almighty.
- The fasting person will be blessed with this blessing in the hereafter for which the martyr will wish to sacrifice his life again and again.
- Fasting protects against fire and sins.
- There is nothing better than fasting to purify the soul from all kinds of impurities.
- Allah Almighty increases the reward for every good deed of a believer from ten times to seven hundred times. While the reward of fasting is given by the Almighty Himself. Narrated by Hazrat Abu Hurrayrah(R.A)The prophet(PBUH)said The reward of every good deed is given to the children of Adam from ten times to seven hundred times except fasting, that is for me and i will reward him.
The Physical Benefits Of Fasting:
Just as the spiritual benefits of fasting are innumerable, so too fasting brings wonderful and pleasant changes to the human body. Medical science also acknowledges that fasting brings innumerable changes to the human body and protects man from many deadly diseases.
Medical Science Points Out the Following Benefits Of Fasting.
Controls Blood Sugar:
The regulation of sugar in the human body is very important. Because all the functions of the brain are related to the level of sugar. If the level of sugar in the body increases then the person gets diabetes and if the sugar level goes down, then bio-glycemia occurs which leads to weakness and also faints. But fasting regulates the level of sugar, it does not allow the sugar to be low or high. Therefore in many countries of the world, patients who have uncontrolled sugar are made to starve. They are forced to stop eating and drinking. From which their sugar comes under control
Cholesterol Levels Begin To Drop:
One of the positive effects of fasting during Ramadan is a reduction in cholesterol levels. This will make you feel more energetic and mentally active. Because your body is more active and strong in defending itself than ever before. A team of cardiologists in the UAE has concluded from a study that people who fast during Ramadan have a lower rate of fat formation. Which greatly reduces the risk of heart attack and other heart diseases.
Provides Energy To The Body, As Well As Releases Toxins:-
The day before the fasting of Ramadan and the practice of worships, the human body begins to excrete toxic substances, i.e. the harmful effects of blood sugar are reduced. The heartbeat slows down and blood pressure drops. In fact, the human body stores energy in the form of tiny particles of fat. By fasting, because a person stays hungry and thirsty all day, the fat in the body starts releasing the stored energy and in the first stage it is converted into glucose and this glucose provides energy to the body.
Blood Pressure Stays Under Control:-
Medical science has proven that another benefit of fasting is that it keeps blood pressure under control. Blood pressure is a common disease in the world. One third of people over the age of 50 in Pakistan have high blood pressure. Fasting is useful and helpful in controlling blood pressure. When the amount of water in the human body decreases, the blood pressure also decreases. Then hormones are released inside the body that help control blood pressure. And they control it. Controlling diabetes and blood pressure and controlling the amount of water in the body can reduce the risk of heart disease. Those who fast are less likely to have a heart attack. They have less heart failure. Therefore, patients with high blood pressure are also forced by physicians to starve and sometimes stay hungry and thirsty for many hours. As a result, their blood pressure is controlled and their heart health improves.
Digestion is Good:
Another benefit of fasting for the body is that it relaxes the digestive system and helps a lot in improving digestion. Gastrointestinal diseases are very common in people. Most of these diseases are caused by excessive and frequent use of food or use of foods which are not good for health. Fasting relaxes the intestines and stomach for 13 to 14 hours. As a result of this relaxation, the intestines get a chance to adjust their system. In addition, fasting improves a person’s skin and eyesight.
Fasting protects the skin from cracking. It brightens the eyes. Accelerates vision. One of the major benefits of fasting is that it increases one’s willpower. People who suffer from fatigue due to lack of willpower suffer from mental and emotional weakness. Fasting enables them to do great things in their life. While fasting has many other health benefits, one of the major benefits of fasting is that some people get some kind of drug addiction. Fasting releases such hormones inside their body.Which helps in controlling the addiction. And it has been observed that people who are addicted to cigarettes are able to give up this habit very easily in the month of Ramadan. Man develops the mental capacity to control the craving for drugs and to get rid of the habit. It is as if fasting is used to control intoxication.